Students at Mars Area School District’s elementary schools (K-6) is holding a fundraiser to benefit the American Heart Association, Tuesday, Feb. 1, through Friday, March 4.
Throughout the fundraiser, students will be learning about proper heart health, while participating in heart healthy activities in their physical education classes. Students will also be asked to collect donations for the American Heart Association.
Donations will also accepted online at:
- Mars Area Centennial School — https://www2.heart.org/site/TR?pg=company&fr_id=6326&company_id=341459
- Mars Area Elementary School — https://www2.heart.org/site/TR?pg=company&fr_id=6321&company_id=326482
- Mars Area Primary Center — https://www2.heart.org/site/TR?pg=company&fr_id=6321&company_id=344848
On Tuesday, Feb. 1, the school will welcome a representative of the American Heart Association for a Kickoff Event, to be held at 9:45 a.m. for fifth-graders and at 10:30 a.m. for sixth-graders. On Tuesday, Feb. 8, a representative of the Pittsburgh Kids Marathon will offer a Kids of Steel Assembly at the same times.
In addition, students will have an opportunity to participate in various theme days:
- Friday, Feb. 4 — Wear Red for Heart Health
- Friday, Feb. 11 — Hat Day
- Friday, Feb. 18 — Crazy Hair Day
For more information, contact the individual school building.